Jim Cramer's Stop Trading! Pork Looks Juicy
Health scares are chasing meat-eaters into pork, Jim Cramer said on CNBC's "Stop Trading!" segment Monday.
Companies like Premium Standard Farms (PORK) and Smithfield Foods (SFD) "don't have bird flu and don't have mad cow," Cramer said. The shares "haven't done all that much" compared with the recent pain in Conagra (CAG), and should be "on traders' sheets" at these levels.
Cramer said Winnebago (WGO) makes sense as a play on Warren Buffett, whose purchase of Clayton Homes should be viewed as a "beachhead" position. "Isn't this a natural place for Buffett to augment one of his holdings?"
A similar play is Cavco (CVCO). "The group was down really badly last week. I wouldn't sell these stocks anymore," Cramer advised.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV