Netscape Is Back
Internet and media companies want to cash in on the exploding popularity of social-networking sites, including
"The new poster child for Internet success is My Space," says Lee Rainie, director of the Pew Internet and Public Life Project. "With the rise of broadband, particularly in the American internet market, it's just easier now for people to access this material, as well as create it and share it."
About 13% of U.S. adult Internet users have created a blog, according to a survey by Rainie's organization. That's up from 6% in January. In addition, the number of people who read blogs rose from 27% to 39%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV