SMTC Swings to Profit
SMTC (SMTX) swung to a fourth-quarter profit.
For the quarter ended Dec. 31, the Toronto-based electronic manufacturing services provider made $1.4 million, or a dime a share, reversing the year-ago loss of $3.2 million, or 22 cents a share. Revenue rose to $58 million from $48 million a year earlier.
The latest quarter includes an income tax recovery of $600,000, or 4 cents per share, while the year-ago quarter included charges of $1.1 million, or 8 cents per share.
"Following a lengthy period of declining revenue and operating losses, SMTC reversed this trend in 2005 showing significant improvement across all metrics," said finance chief Jane Todd. "Our annual performance in 2005 reflects somewhat lower results than 2004, the result of higher but declining revenue in the first two quarters of 2004.""We anticipate that 2006 will be a year of growth in both revenue and earnings," said CEO John Caldwell. "However, given the unpredictability of customer order patterns that can affect quarterly results, we intend to provide annual directional guidance only that will be updated on a quarterly basis."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV