Pop the Cork on Prosecco
Made with Prosecco
Show up with a bottle of Prosecco at a party or order it in a restaurant, and chances are, your companions might ask "What's that?" But if you've ever heard of a Bellini, then Prosecco should be familiar -- it is the Italian sparkling wine originally used for this classic cocktail, said to hail from Harry's Bar in Venice. Easy to drink and well-priced, Prosecco deserves a place of recognition on your table.
Even though you may not be familiar with it, Prosecco has been enjoyed as far back as ancient Roman times. It was quite popular in Italy in the 1980s before finally making the leap into the mainstream U.S. market in the early 2000s.
Mark Tucker, marketing manager for Mionetto, said that the company, especially in the last three years, has seen an exponential rise in domestic demand for Prosecco. The increased awareness has been due not only to expansive media coverage, but also the subtle shift in consumers' perception of sparkling wines.
"When Americans see bubbles in wine, they think special occasion," Tucker explained. Mionetto is trying to alter that, by highlighting Prosecco's unique flavor and modest price. With its crisp taste and essences of apple, pear and peach, the wine is very palatable to American tastes and easy to drink, even for the novice oenophile. And with a reasonable price range, it's possible to enjoy every day -- and even to explore the wide selection of offerings to find your favorite.
Prosecco is also an excellent choice for more than celebrations, though, as it pairs extremely well with food. Its pale golden hue looks stunning on the table, and its smooth, crisp flavor profile enables a myriad of pleasurable matches -- traditionally with appetizers, fish or other relatively light foods.
However, the wine's versatility opens the way for more modern pairings with
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV