Vectren Plans Scrubber Upgrade
Utility company Vectren (VVC) will spend $110 million to ensure its electric generation fleet is100% scrubbed for sulfur dioxide, 90% scrubbed for nitrogen oxide and to further reduce mercury to meet new mercury reduction requirements.
The company said the move comes as part of a multi-emission settlement between Vectren and the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor. Vectren said it has received approval from the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission to begin construction of a flue gas scrubber at Warrick Unit 4, which Vectren co-owns with Alcoa, scheduled for completion by 2010, and the installation of a fabric filter at Culley 3, scheduled to be complete by mid-2007. Both projects will begin during 2006.
The IURC approval includes a cost recovery mechanism to spread the cost over multiple years to minimize customer impact. When fully implemented, this proposal, the company said, would mean an about 6% to 8% increase for a typical Vectren residential electric customer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV