Today's Winners and Losers: Safeway
For fiscal 2006, JLG now expects earnings of $2.35 to $2.45 a share, up from an earlier view of $2.15 to $2.25 a share. The company expects sales growth to be near the top end of its previous sales growth estimate of 20% to 25%. Analysts project earnings of $2.45 a share and sales of $2.15 billion.
Separately, JLG increased its quarterly dividend to 1 cent a share and announced a 2-for-1 stock split. The stock split is payable on March 27 to shareholders of record March 13. Shares were trading up $1.69 to $57.48.
NYSE volume leaders included Time Warner (TWX), down 17 cents to $17.26; Sherwin Williams (SHW), down $2.61 to $40.59; Lucent Technologies (LU), down 3 cents to $2.82; Pfizer (PFE), down 10 cents to $26.09; General Electric (GE), down 8 cents to $33.31; Symbol Technologies (SBL), down $1.27 to $11.62; and Sprint Nextel (S), up 44 cents to $24.24.
Nasdaq volume leaders included Intel (INTC), up 17 cents to $20.32; JDSU (JDSU), up 9 cents to $3.04; GTC Biotherapeutics (GTCB), down 92 cents to $1.33; Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), down 3 cents to $5.26; Apple Computer (AAPL), up $1.44 to $72.76; Oracle (ORCL), up 2 cents to $12.50; Cisco Systems (CSCO), down 9 cents to $19.58; Microsoft (MSFT), down 6 cents to $26.66; Ivanhoe Energy (IVAN), up 21 cents to $2.75; and Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 1 cent to $4.31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV