Today's Winners and Losers: Safeway
Mobile Mini (MINI) rose 5% after the provider of portable storage containers posted fourth-quarter results that topped forecasts. The company earned $9.8 million, or 63 cents a share, up from $7.1 million, or 47 cents a share, a year earlier. Sales rose to $57.9 from $47.2 million. Analysts expected earnings of 59 cents a share, with sales of $56.2 million.
Mobile Mini also announced a 2-for-1 stock split, payable March 10 to shareholders of record on March 6. "This action was taken to increase the number of shares in the public float available for trading and enhance the potential for broader ownership of our common stock by improving liquidity," the company said.
For 2006, Mobile Mini continues to expect earnings of $2.32 to $2.42 a share. The forecast doesn't reflect about stock-based compensation costs of 12 cents a share or the upcoming stock split. Analysts project earnings of $2.36 a share. Shares were trading up $2.75 to $56.90.
Hurco (HURC) slumped 17% after the maker of machine tools posted flat year-over-year first-quarter earnings. The company earned $3 million, or 48 cents, on sales and service fees of $31.9 million. The single-analyst forecast called for earnings of 54 cents a share and sales of $36.8 million. During the year-ago quarter, the company earned $3 million, or 48 cents a share, on sales of $30.2 million. Shares were trading down $6.12 to $29.75.JLG Industries (JLG) rose 3% after the maker of construction equipment posted better-than-expected second-quarter results and raised its full-year guidance. The company's earnings fore the quarter ended Jan. 29 jumped to $27.4 million, or 52 cents a share, from $7.5 million, or 17 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts expected earnings of 48 cents a share. Sales rose to $494.4 million from $353.4 million, easily beating Wall Street's target of $442 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV