The Real Story: Through the Past, Lightly
Yeah, we all need someone we can bleed on
Yeah, and if you want it, baby, well you can bleed on me.
-- Rolling Stones
With apologies to Mick and the ( cough, cough) boys, the above lyrics sum up my attitude towards readers' feedback. I've got thick skin and expected a barrage of negative comments regarding my articles over the past month -- especially since most of them took bearish stances on individual stocks.
I'm sure that day will come. But so far, most of the emails have been very positive. Even the ones that weren't especially supportive were still thoughtful and contained insightful questions.
I am treating the picks in the column like a portfolio -- continuously monitoring the stocks I recommend or pan, and providing you with periodic updates. The performance figures are based on the closing price of the stock on the day my column ran.
Lamar AdvertisingLamar Advertising (LAMR) is up a hair since
-- W.F. from Louisiana W.F. is correct that the street loves the stock and is probably the reason why it always bounces back. I still believe Lamar's problems are significant enough that the stock should head south even before the next recession.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV