Vectren Earnings Rise
Energy and applied-technology holding company Vectren (VVC) said its earnings rose 11% in the fourth quarter from a year ago.
The Evansville, Ind.-based company earned $50.8 million, or 67 cents a share, in the quarter, compared with $40.1 million, or 53 cents a share, a year ago. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call were estimating earnings of 67 cents a share in the most recent quarter.
Fourth-quarter revenue rose 39% from a year ago to $713.8 million.
Vectren projects fiscal 2006 earnings of $1.75 a share to $1.95 a share. Analysts are estimating earnings of $1.88 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV