Video Games: Worth the Wait?
Investing in video-game stocks is starting to come down to a matter of faith.
After a crummy holiday season, game publishers are predicting more tough times ahead. What was supposed to be a relatively smooth changeover to new game hardware is turning into a rougher transition than was seen in past cycles.
But for true believers, none of that really matters. What matters is that two or three or four years from now, the industry likely will be booming again -- and so, too, should the stocks of game makers.
But some investors are beginning to wonder whether that faith is misplaced. While they don't doubt the sector has a bright future, they do question the wisdom of investing at current levels. In their view, other sectors are likely to give better returns in the short run -- and the upside on video-game stocks may not be as good as the faithful believe."Basically, what's going on is people are buying these stocks blindly for the next
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV