Allergan Extends Inamed Offer
According to the offer, Allergan will give Inamed shareholders the choice of either $84 in cash or 0.8498 of an Allergan share. Shares of Allergan were trading 82 cents lower at $112.16 Monday. Inamed shares dipped 33 cents to $89.93.
The exchange offer was initially scheduled to expire on Tuesday but will now end Feb. 22. As of last Friday, about 52.4% of Inamed's shares had been tendered.
Last week, as Allergan reported its quarterly earnings, it wouldn't provide specifics on the effect of the Inamed deal, but said it expected the acquisition's impact to be neutral.In order to facilitate antitrust approval, Allergan and Inamed plan to give up Inamed's license for the wrinkle-fighting drug Reloxin, which is similar to Botox. "We look forward to reaching a successful outcome in the U.S. antitrust review of the Inamed acquisition. Meanwhile, we are working diligently on a comprehensive integration plan," said David E.I. Pyott, Allergan's chairman and CEO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV