Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Hi-Yo Silver!
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Want a new drug? Jim Cramer had two for his "Mad Money" TV show viewers on Monday.
He said that ACP-103 and ACP-104, which are being developed by Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD), could make you some mad money.The company makes antipsychotic drugs, said Cramer, and he believes that Acadia could change the way we treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Interim results from phase II trials for ACP-103 are coming out soon as a treatment for Parkinson's, he said, adding that more results are due out later in the year. Plus, Cramer said that ACP-104 has phase II results coming out later this year for its antipsychotic that he said is basically a better version of the widely used antipsychotic Clozapine. Clozapine has some very bad side effects, he said; and it's off patent, so no one can make any money from it. If all of these tests fail, Cramer said the stock could go down three points or so from its current level above $10. But if it nails the trials, he believes the stock could run to $50. Sepracor (SEPR), the maker of Lunesta, has already invested in Acadia, and Cramer believes more investment could come soon. A caller wanted to know about American Shared Hospital Services (AMS), which is also working on a Parkinson's treatment. Cramer said the company is interesting and profitable, but it has a market cap of only $31 million. He likes to look at companies with a minimum market cap of $200 million to $250 million. That's because if he praised a company as small as American Shared Hospital Services on the show, he fears that there would not be enough supply to meet demand, and people would get hurt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV