Apple Remains Locked in Transition
Few software developers outside Apple have rewritten their programs to run natively on the Intel-based Macs, presumably in some cases because they expected to have until June before the new machines came to market.
Although Apple is including software on the Intel-based machines that will allow them to run software designed for machines based on PowerPC, those non-native programs will likely run more slowly than they do on the old machines, analysts warn.
Business users, in particular, who depend on applications such as Adobe (ADBE) Photoshop or Microsoft (MSFT) Word may be unwilling to move to the new Intel-based systems until those and other programs run natively on the Intel-based machines, they say.
"There's kind of a wait-and-see going on
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV