Pogo Fourth-Quarter Profits Triple
Fourth-quarter profits at Pogo Producing Company (PPP) nearly tripled from a year ago to $114.5 million.
The Houston-based oil exploration company said that its profit from continuing operation was $114.68 million, or $1.96 a share, compared to $46.25 million, or 72 cents a share, a year ago. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call were estimating $111.7 million, or $1.93 a share.
Revenue jumped by 81.62% to $419.6 million from $231.01 million a year ago driven by higher crude and natural gas prices coupled with increased crude oil production. The analyst consensus revenue estimate was at $406.6 million.
Pogo said that it is setting a capital spending and exploration budget of $725 million, including the drilling of 451 gross wells, for 2006.The company said that it added oil and natural gas reserves of 761.6 billion cubic feet equivalent, resulting in a reserve addition that more than doubled its 2005 production. Its year-end 2005 estimated "equivalent proven oil and natural gas reserves" is now at a record total of 2.042 trillion cubic feet equivalent, some 657.2 bcfe of which is in Canada. Pogo also hiked its quarterly dividend by 20% to 7.5 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV