Tumbleweed Names CEO
Tumbleweed Communications (TMWD) unmasked its new CEO: Chairman James P. Scullion.
The appointment comes just a week after the Redwood City, Calif., security software company said its previous chairman and chief, Craig Brennan, stepped down. At the time Tumbleweed named Scullion chairman and said it had a CEO in mind, but demurred on naming him. "Tumbleweed has identified a successor CEO who has agreed to accept the appointment, and it expects to announce the appointment shortly," the company said Jan. 9.
Now Tumbleweed says it will move forward under Scullion, who was CEO at ComnetiX and previously worked at Identix (IDNX).
"I'm very pleased that Jim has agreed to join Tumbleweed as its new CEO," said Deborah D. Rieman, a Tumbleweed board member. "We believe our market is entering its next growth phase as security software, and more specifically, secure messaging software, tops the list of CIO's most pressing needs for 2006. We believe Jim's two decades of experience as CEO, COO, and CFO in the security arena will greatly benefit Tumbleweed as it looks to extend its leadership position as the comprehensive provider of secure online communications."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV