Tech Stocks in Motion
SpatiaLight (HDTV) jumped 11% after the maker of liquid crystal on silicon microdisplays agreed to sell 1.3 million shares in a private placement. The company expects to sell the shares for $2.62 apiece, resulting in gross proceeds of about $3.4 million. "This capital infusion will further enable our execution of ramp up in manufacturing of our 1080p LcoS sets at this exciting time," SpatiaLight said. Shares recently were up 29 cents to $2.90.
Shares of Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) slipped 4% after Deutsche Bank downgraded shares of the company to sell from hold. The firm expects increased competition from Intel (INTC) to slow the company's momentum after the fourth quarter. Deutsche Bank slapped a 12-month price target of $26 on the stock. AMD shares were trading down $1.43 to $33.92.
Other technology movers Friday included Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 35 cents to $4.75; JDSU (JDSU), up 17 cents to $2.96; Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), up 8 cents to $6.28; Cisco (CSCO), unchanged at $19.20; Applied Materials (AMAT), down 65 cents to $20.17; Microsoft (MSFT), down 1 cent to $27.13; Conexant Systems (CNXT), down 8 cents to $3.21; Intel (INTC), up 2 cents to $25.99; Apple Computer (AAPL), up 81 cents to $85.10; and Oracle (ORCL), down 9 cents to $12.43.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV