Small-Cap Stocks in Motion
Plug Power (PLUG) got a jolt Thursday when the Latham, N.Y., energy company said it and fuel-cell firm Ballard Power Systems (BLDP) received a $2 million contract from the Defense Department. Shares of Plug Power rose 36 cents, or 6.7%, to $5.71.
RailAmerica (RRA) slipped after the Boca Raton, Fla., company reported its statistics for the last month of 2005. The company said total carloads for December rose 6% to 107,450, up from 101,388 in the same month in 2004.
For the year ended Dec. 31, total carloads increased 5.4% to 1.3 million from 1.24 million in 2004. Shares of RailAmerica lost 28 cents, or 2.4%, to $11.30.
Hydril (HYDL) rose on the news that the Houston-based engineering company's backlog of orders for pressure control capital equipment reached $157 million as of Dec. 31, up from $61 million at Sept. 30 and up from $15 million a year ago. Shares of Hydril rose $4.25, or 6.4%, $71.08.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV