Apple Puts Intel Inside
But Jobs announced no changes at all to the iPod lineup in his presentation. He did announce some new video content for the company's iTunes store -- clips of old "Saturday Night Live" episodes -- and announced that the company is now on a run rate to sell 1 billion songs a year in iTunes.
The company has sold 850 million songs to date through its music store. Jobs said Apple had an 83% share of the market in December.
Other than that, though, Jobs spent little time talking about the company's digital music efforts, which have been key to Apple's revival.
Instead, the focus was on the revamped computers and several software updates. The company is releasing an updated version of operating system, iLife multimedia software and iWork suite, all of which are available immediately and will run natively on the new Intel-based machines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV