Apple Puts Intel Inside
But Jobs announced no changes at all to the iPod lineup in his presentation. He did announce some new video content for the company's iTunes store -- clips of old "Saturday Night Live" episodes -- and announced that the company is now on a run rate to sell 1 billion songs a year in iTunes.
The company has sold 850 million songs to date through its music store. Jobs said Apple had an 83% share of the market in December.
Other than that, though, Jobs spent little time talking about the company's digital music efforts, which have been key to Apple's revival.
Instead, the focus was on the revamped computers and several software updates. The company is releasing an updated version of operating system, iLife multimedia software and iWork suite, all of which are available immediately and will run natively on the new Intel-based machines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV