Accenture Beats Estimates
Concerns about off-shoring cannibalizing other business and eating away margins have weighed on IT services firms such as Accenture. But Accenture and some analysts argue that outsourcing work to India extends the company's business in areas that it would not have sought otherwise.
Accenture ended the quarter with 16,500 employees in India, up from about 16,000 at the end of the previous quarter and out of a total workforce of 126,500.
Accenture reported a 12.3% first-quarter GAAP operating margin, up from 11.4% on an options-adjusted basis a year ago. The company's gross margin was 31.7%, compared with 32.6% a year ago on a GAAP basis and 31.8% on an options-adjusted basis.Shares of Accenture recently climbed 87 cents, or 2.9%, to $30.55 in after-hours trading after closing up 22 cents, or 0.8%, at $29.68.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV