Redstone Tweaks Midway Games Stake
Sumner Redstone is unloading some of his stock in Midway Games (MWY).
Well, kind of.
In an effort to transfer responsibility for a $425 million personal debt to a holding company he indirectly controls, the Viacom (VIA) chairman and CEO is shifting some of his personal stake in the video-game software publisher, according to a regulatory document filed on Thursday.
Prior to the deal, Redstone owned about 64% of Midway directly, and with his indirect holdings, about 89.25% of the company overall.But the transaction may be about more than shifting debt and stock among related entities. Indeed, the deal anticipates a potential sale of Midway shares by Redstone or the holding company by laying out ground rules for such sales. Any such sale would be a change in course for Redstone, who has been
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV