Indian Outsourcers Living Large on Demand
"We're keeping an eye on them [multinationals], but everyone is growing at a fast-enough rate at this point that [the Indian firms] are all doing fine," Parower says. "And the Indian guys are winning bigger deals."
Indeed, while the multinationals are suffering from shrinking contracts as deals become unbundled, Indian firms are seeing their contract sizes grow.
The China Challenge
Meanwhile, fears of China stealing business from India continue to swirl, although industry insiders doubt it will happen any time soon."China generally has a better infrastructure than India does because it's been a leading manufacturing center for so long," explains John Delaney, an attorney with Morrison & Foerster in New York who negotiates outsourcing transactions. "But India, because it's a capitalist democracy, has a legal system that, although not perfect, is much more responsive to the needs of businesses and Westerners," he says. Also not to be overlooked: India's English-language advantage over China. In China, English-speaking engineers command salaries 20% to 25% higher than India, according to Gilford Securities analyst Ashish Thadhani. So, at least for next year, look to India to continue to remain the sweet spot of offshoring. Get Jim Cramer's picks for 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV