Indian Outsourcers Living Large on Demand
"We're keeping an eye on them
Indeed, while the multinationals are suffering from shrinking contracts as deals become unbundled, Indian firms are seeing their contract sizes grow.
Earlier this year, Infosys and
Tata Consulting Services won their single-largest contracts to date as part of an even
The China Challenge
Meanwhile, fears of China stealing business from India continue to swirl, although industry insiders doubt it will happen any time soon."China generally has a better infrastructure than India does because it's been a leading manufacturing center for so long," explains John Delaney, an attorney with Morrison & Foerster in New York who negotiates outsourcing transactions. "But India, because it's a capitalist democracy, has a legal system that, although not perfect, is much more responsive to the needs of businesses and Westerners," he says. Also not to be overlooked: India's English-language advantage over China. In China, English-speaking engineers command salaries 20% to 25% higher than India, according to Gilford Securities analyst Ashish Thadhani. So, at least for next year, look to India to continue to remain the sweet spot of offshoring. Get Jim Cramer's picks for 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV