'RealMoney' Radio Recap: Hitch a Retail Ride
"Retail at last comes alive," Jim Cramer told listeners Friday on his "RealMoney" radio show, citing the end of New York's transit Strike, warmer weather and a later Hanukkah.
But, Cramer said, there are other themes to profit from, citing global positioning, namely Navteq (NVT), as a great pick.
But he said Under Armour (UARM) will be the big story. The company's athletic and outdoor apparel is some of the most searched for on the Web sites he searches, and it's popular with young people."People have to understand that we in this business are constantly trying to find the analog, the similar play to something else that has worked for us. One of the most successful has been Nike (NKE). I think Under Armour reminds me of Nike in terms of its brand." Even though the company just went public and people are betting against the stock, the products are blowing out the door. Cramer said that it's only a matter of time before people start buying Under Armour and told listeners to snap it up now before the price shoots higher.
Cramer UnstumpedIn the show's second segment, William Gabrielski, a research analyst at TheStreet.com and writer for Stocks Under $10, joined Cramer to discuss stocks that had stumped Cramer a day earlier. Gabrielski said that WPCS International (WPCS) was a rare buy in the Stump Cramer segment. He said that the site design and wireless engineering services firm currently flies under the radar; and one positive is that they only deal with government contracts. They have a backlog of 20 million order and Gabrielski thinks they could do $40 million to $50 million in sales this year, and that the balance sheet "is OK."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV