'RealMoney' Radio Recap: Google Stays a Goliath
(GOOG) reached a 52-week high Friday is "right," said Jim Cramer Friday on his
Cramer said investors had become concerned an AOL partnership with Microsoft (MSFT) might be a "Google-killer" if the combination could build a comprehensive desktop solution for instant messaging, email, search and Internet. But now that it appears Microsoft is out of the running, Google is free to run. The "cloud is going to lift," he said.
Cramer said another factor that has been affecting Google is end-of-the-year rebalancing of the Nasdaq 100 Trust (QQQQ). Google is being added to the Nasdaq 100, he sad, which means funds that are indexed to the list need to sell other Nasdaq stocks and buy Google. Cramer believes those funds did their selling earlier this week and that they are now buying Google.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV