SanDisk Sues STMicro Again
In a ruling against SanDisk, the U.S. ITC on Monday affirmed an administrative law judge's determination that certain STMicro's NAND flash memory chips do not infringe three claims of a SanDisk patent.
Sunnyvale, Calif.-based SanDisk said it intends to appeal that decision to the U.S. Court of Appeals and argues that the order incorrectly interpreted the claims of the patent.
Ratcheting up the legal tussle a bit, SanDisk also sued STMicroelectronics on Tuesday in the Northern District of California, charging that the Geneva-based company's NAND and NOR flash memory chips infringe on another SanDisk patent."We really intend to vigorously defend ourselves and our IP portfolio," said SanDisk spokesman Mike Wong, noting the company's portfolio of 338 U.S. patents. STMicro spokeswoman Carol Brown declined to comment, citing company policy against commenting on ongoing litigation. Shares of SanDisk gained 98 cents, or 2%, to $49.54 in recent trading. Shares of STMicro recently increased 30 cents, or 1.6%, to $18.57.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV