Video Games' Second Life
Used-game buyers seem to be from kids who have no money of their own or people from lower-income families, he says. If that's the case, such sales are in addition to, not instead of, sales of new games, he adds.
"My gut tells me this doesn't cannibalize new sales," he says.
And used sales could actually boost new-game sales in the long run, says Cole. Such sales can introduce younger or poorer customers to game franchises for which they'll pay full fare when they are older and more affluent, he says.
"If you get people in there playing games, it's a good thing," he adds.The publishers are certainly hoping so.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV