Early Stocks in Motion
Express Scripts (ESRX) after the bell Monday announced that it now expects 2006 earnings of $3.10 to $3.22 a share, including 10 cents in stock option expenses. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call project 2006 earnings of $2.98 a share. The pharmacy benefit manager said its financial performance will benefit from growth in generic utilization and home delivery, lower retail and home delivery costs, and increased productivity and other cost management plans. The company's shares gained $2.49, or 3.1%, to $82.38 in after-hours trading.
Applebee's International (APPB) reported a 0.7% increase in systemwide same-store sales for the November period. Franchise-owned restaurants saw same-store sales rise 1.4%, while same-store sales for company restaurants fell 1.4% amid a decrease in guest traffic. The casual-dining chain said its Midwest and New England markets continued to be weak. The stock was down a penny to $23.28 in after-hours trading.
Inter Parfums (IPAR) announced its 2006 guidance after the bell Monday. The perfume and cosmetics maker said it expects to earn $16.9 million, or 83 cents a share, on sales of $301 million, for the year. The guidance includes about 3 cents a share in costs from stock-options expensing. Analysts on average predict 2006 earnings of 80 cents a share and sales of $305 million. "We are looking for earnings to increase at a faster rate than sales and for 2006 to be a record year for profits as well as sales for Inter Parfums," Jean Madar, chairman and CEO, said in a statement. Inter Parfums shares rose 32 cents, or 2.1%, to $15.75 in after-hours trading.
ViroPharma (VPHM) announced a 7 million-share public stock offering. Underwriters will have a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1 million shares. The drug company said the proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes. The stock fell $1.34, or 7.9%, to $15.66 after hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV