Another Sneak-Peek Trading Case
In the Pajcin complaint, prosecutors went out of their way to note that Business Week "has taken extensive measures to secure the confidentiality" of the stocks mentioned in the "Inside Wall Street" column.
The complaint says that Marcial's column is "only read by a few select editors"' at the magazine. The names of the various companies discussed in each column "are not inserted into the stock charts used in the column until 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday, the day of printing." The four printing companies Business Week employs also have a number of strict instructions for handling the column.
Pajcin's attorney, Paul Lieber, declined to comment. Pajcin, 28, most recently worked at Schonfeld Securities, a proprietary daytrading firm, according to a copy of his brokerage registration statement.
Schonfeld officials did not return a phone call. There's no indication the daytrading firm is implicated in the alleged scheme. The complaint says Pajcin made his trades through an account with an online brokerage firm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV