Broken Field Running in Scrum for Points
This column was originally published on RealMoney on Nov. 23 at 1:41 p.m. EST. It's being republished as a bonus for TheStreet.com readers.
Broken field running. No cornerbacks in sight. Safeties blitzed, splayed on the ground next to an unhurt quarterback. And the bulls are just teasing some of those slower linebackers, letting them come up within a few feet before they cross the line to a touchdown.
That's what's happening now. This was always my worst nightmare when I was short, and it was the reason I always had a nice dollop of in-the-money calls as extra stock so I wouldn't feel like I was short inventory.
Earlier, I gave you my
It's always been my opinion that it pays to have more -- not fewer -- expert market views and analyses when you're making investing or trading decisions. That's why I recommend you take advantage of our free trial offer to TheStreet.com RealMoney premium Web site, where you'll get in-depth commentary and money-making strategies from over 50 Wall Street pros, including Jim Cramer. Take my advice -- try it now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV