No Quit in Xbox Rivals
Microsoft's (MSFT) move to roll out the new Xbox 360 game console Tuesday, ahead of the competition, has drawn the company loads of press, and potentially sizable sales.
But don't look for the company's rivals to concede defeat.
Sony (SNE), for instance, has dominated the last two console cycles, and many analysts think the company's PlayStation 3, due out next year, will be more than a match for the Xbox 360.
And although few expect Nintendo's Revolution to be the champ this time around, the company has a proven track record in the game industry, and many analysts expect it to once again carve out a substantial niche when it launches next year.( TheStreet.com also looked this week at the perception of Microsoft's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV