Microsoft's Mission Implausible
But it'll take more than the largest consumer launch in Microsoft's history -- which will include a Burning Man-style gamers' mecca in the Mojave desert -- to succeed. Despite all of the build-up, industry observers doubt that the world's largest software maker will be able to take down the second-largest electronics maker in this latest clash of the titans.
"For me, there is no doubt that Play Station 3 will be the clear winner, hands-down, even in this next generation," says James Lin, managing partner of Los Angeles-based video game consultancy Simba Group.
TheStreet.com this week also looked at how Microsoft's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV