Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Teen Angels
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Contrary to popular opinion, air is not free, said Jim Cramer Wednesday on his "Mad Money" TV show, and he wants you to buy industrial, medical and specialty gas company Airgas (ARG).
Airgas has three things going for it, said Cramer. The company has pricing power, strong end markets and a stock buyback. The combination of these makes Airgas a buy, he said.Airgas announced price increases in October, said Cramer, so, it's not like that's new news, he said. Also, the buyback is publicly available information. Airgas' stock has responded, said Cramer, but it's not done going up, yet. "It's not done because nobody's talking about Airgas," said Cramer. Airgas is in a "quiet, odorless, colorless bull market." So far, Airgas' price increases have allowed it to maintain its margins, said Cramer. But, by the second half of next year, he believes that Airgas will see an expansion of its margins because with the demand for gas relatively inelastic, he wouldn't be surprised to see another price increase put through. The risks to the story are Airgas' customers could cut production or go out of business, said Cramer. And, Airgas is somewhat debt heavy, he added. However, the company has sold an ancillary business, a move that shows Cramer that it's trying to shore up its balance sheet. In response to a question about water plays, Cramer said he has been buying Aqua America (WTR) for his
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV