State Street Mines ETF Gold
The multipronged launch comes after a turbulent summer in which SSgA saw a shuffle at the top of its ETF management ranks. In August, 18-year SSgA veteran Gus Fleites left to join ProFund Advisors to assist them with their ETF plans. A month later, SSgA snatched David Sandrew from Barclay's to be its director of ETF sales.
"Personnel was a big problem for them, but now they have the right people in place," says Gary Gastineau, managing director of ETF Consultants. "They are finally doing a lot of the right things, and they've learned a lot from their battle with BGI."
Striking gold again wouldn't hurt too much either.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV