Inamed Says Allergan Bid Is Superior
Inamed said directors meeting Wednesday "determined that the Allergan proposal is reasonably likely to result in a 'company superior proposal'" as defined in its March 20 merger agreement with Medicis. The board directed management to evaluate the offer, which comes out to $84 a share in stock and cash.
Medicis' offer was worth $75 a share, or $2.8 billion, when it was made. Medicis, which makes treatments for skin diseases and other products, offered $30 cash plus 1.4205 of its shares.
In touting the superiority of its bid Tuesday, Allergan noted that it's offering a higher component of cash than the Medicis, a more liquid stock, a higher premium and the possibility of quicker completion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV