'RealMoney' Radio Recap: Ghosts of Rallies Past
Let go of the past, Jim Cramer told listeners Friday on his
Tech stalwarts such as Dell (DELL), Cisco (CSCO), Sun Microsystems (SUNW) and Oracle (ORCL) have seen their best years, he said, and it's time to move on to find the next Dell, the next Cicso, the next Sun and the next Oracle.
What these stocks have in common is little to no growth, said Cramer, and growth is what Wall Street likes. So, waiting for a better time to sell means capital is being tied up when it could be redeployed elsewhere. There are so many stocks that are better, said Cramer. "It makes no sense to hold them."
If you have to, sell small amounts over time, he said, until the positions are gone. You can always buy them back if something changes, he said.Cramer likes Intel (INTC) and Microsoft (MSFT) better than Dell. Broadcom (BRCM) is better than Cisco, he said. Cramer would rather own SAP (SAP) or Microsoft than Oracle. As for Sun Microsystems, that "sector is dead," he said.
Cramer, UnstumpedStocks Under $10 co-author David Peltier joined Cramer to talk about stocks from Thursday's "Stump Cramer" segment. Of HMS Holdings (HMSY), Peltier said he preferred Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX). Cramer agreed. Peltier said MainSource Financial Group (MSFG) lost its CFO in October, and he would wait to see "how the new CFO does." Cramer agreed, saying the CFO's departure is "perhaps a red flag." Peltier said Anadys Pharmaceuticals (ANDS) was well-capitalized with enough cash to last four years. But the company only had $2 million in revenue last quarter and is just beginning human trials, he said. The stock is up big this year, so it could be a risky situation. Cramer said Anadys sounded interesting, and he recommended monitoring the situation for further developments in the human trials.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV