Global Values With Ivy Cundill
Value investors seeking international exposure may not realize it, but they don't have to abandon their investing principles when buying an international stock fund.
U.S. investors tend to be less concerned with the divisions between growth and value when it comes to picking a global fund. In most cases, they are just happy to fill a slot in their asset allocations and be done with it.
Nevertheless, there are a number of international funds that concentrate on value investing, including the (ICDAX)Ivy Cundill Global Value fund, which is co-managed by Hhu Ng.
Ng says he is still finding fantastic buying opportunities in Japan even though the run-up in Japanese stocks has lifted his fund's Japan stake to 50% of the portfolio. On the other hand, he's tremendously underweight China, where he says many so-called value stocks are not always what they are cracked up to be. Ng's fund is up 12% year to date.Ng stopped by TheStreet.com to chat about where in the world he's digging for values. (Here's a hint: His next stop may be right here in the U.S.) To view Gregg Greenberg's StreetWatch interview with Ng, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV