Early Stocks in Motion
Midway Games (MWY) after the bell Monday said its third-quarter loss widened to $29.1 million, or 33 cents a share, from $16.1 million, or 20 cents a share, a year ago. The video-game publisher said its revenue for the quarter rose to $29.5 million, vs. $16.9 million last year.
The results were slightly worse than analysts' estimates for a loss of 31 cents a share and revenue of $29.9 million, according to Thomson First Call. For the fourth quarter, the company expects to report a loss of $20 million on revenue of $65 million. The Street is looking for a fourth-quarter loss of 7 cents a share on sales of $82 million. Midway shares fell 26 cents, or 1.4%, to $18.72 in after-hours trading.
Meanwhile, video-game maker Take-Two Interactive (TTWO), said it bought Firaxis Games, the maker of the strategy game Civilization. Firaxis will join Take-Two's publishing label. Terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
"The Firaxis and 2K Games union is a strong fusion of creativity and vision that will continue to result in the development of innovative games with mass appeal," said Christoph Hartmann, managing director of Take-Two Games, in a statement. The stock was unchanged at $18.20 after hours.Comstock Homebuilding (CHCI) reported third-quarter earnings of $11.5 million, or 81 cents a share, up from $5.5 million, or 78 cents a share a year ago. On a pro forma basis -- which adjusts the share count for Comstock's initial public offering in December -- Comstock's year-earlier earnings were 24 cents a share. The homebuilder's revenue surged to $78.4 million from $25.8 million last year. Analysts expected earnings of 80 cents a share and revenue of $74.4 million. The stock gained 36 cents, or 2%, to $18.20 in after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV