Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Hain Maker
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Monday that he has done an about-face on NitroMed (NTMD) and is now bullish.
NitroMed, which Cramer recommended selling into hype this summer after BiDil, the company's treatment for congestive heart failure in African-Americans was approved by the FDA, is now too disliked, he said.About one-third of the company's float has been sold short, which is "staggering," said Cramer. The stock has dropped from about $24 in July to $16.76 as of Monday's close. The bears are now being piggish, said Cramer. Wall Street is expecting $200 million to $250 million in revenue from BiDil in 2008. But a survey released Monday evening finds BiDil is likely to have revenue of $637 million. That's a huge difference, said Cramer. Also, the drug, which had been getting about 50 to 70 prescriptions a day, is now seeing 300 to 400 prescriptions a day, according to the latest data. "BiDil doesn't need to do well for NitroMed to make you a lot of money," said Cramer. "It just needs to do better, and that's exactly what I see happening."
Hain, BabyCramer is bullish on Hain Celestial (HAIN) after reading a story last week in USA Today about how the level of pesticides in children fell dramatically once the children began eating organic food. Sales of organic baby food are up 57% over the past four years, said Cramer. Hain's line of organic baby food, Earth's Best, grew 23% last year, he said. Hain's organic baby food is sold in Whole Foods Market (WFMI) and Wild Oats Market (OATS). Hain is a great way to have some food exposure, said Cramer. Also, the holiday season historically has been the best-performing period for Hain's stock each year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV