Take-Two Takes Over 'Civilization'
Civilization is coming to Take-Two Interactive (TTWO), as the video-game maker announced Monday that it has acquired the developer of the popular award-winning strategy game series.
As part of the transaction, the formerly privately held Firaxis Games will become a part of Take-Two's 2K Games publishing label. The companies did not disclose the transaction's financial details.
Sid Meier, the heralded developer of Civilization, Pirates and other games, will remain with Firaxis following the acquisition, said Kelley Gilmore, a spokeswoman for Firaxis. Firaxis stay in Hunt Valley, Md., after the transaction and none of its 65 employees is expected to be laid off as a result, Gilmore said.
A representative of Take-Two, which is the publisher and developer of the hit Grand Theft Auto franchise, did not return a call seeking comment.Take-Two
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV