Take-Two Takes Over 'Civilization'
Civilization is coming to Take-Two Interactive (TTWO), as the video-game maker announced Monday that it has acquired the developer of the popular award-winning strategy game series.
As part of the transaction, the formerly privately held Firaxis Games will become a part of Take-Two's 2K Games publishing label. The companies did not disclose the transaction's financial details.
Sid Meier, the heralded developer of Civilization, Pirates and other games, will remain with Firaxis following the acquisition, said Kelley Gilmore, a spokeswoman for Firaxis. Firaxis stay in Hunt Valley, Md., after the transaction and none of its 65 employees is expected to be laid off as a result, Gilmore said.
A representative of Take-Two, which is the publisher and developer of the hit Grand Theft Auto franchise, did not return a call seeking comment.Take-Two
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV