Disney, Pixar Playing Chicken
Jobs has said repeatedly that he would like to see a new distribution partner for the studio in place by year's end. The current arrangement between the two studios expires after the release of Pixar's next flick, Cars, which is due in theaters in spring of 2006.
But Marla Backer of Soleil Securities says that neither Disney nor Pixar is expecting Pixar-like numbers out of Chicken Little. In essence, unless the movie unexpectedly does enormous box office, Backer believes the two parties will move closer to a new distribution deal.
Moreover, Backer says the chicken's showing "has implications for lots of different companies because it will show whether we have an undersupply of family entertainment."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV