Disney, Pixar Playing Chicken
Jobs has said repeatedly that he would like to see a new distribution partner for the studio in place by year's end. The current arrangement between the two studios expires after the release of Pixar's next flick, Cars, which is due in theaters in spring of 2006.
But Marla Backer of Soleil Securities says that neither Disney nor Pixar is expecting Pixar-like numbers out of Chicken Little. In essence, unless the movie unexpectedly does enormous box office, Backer believes the two parties will move closer to a new distribution deal.
Moreover, Backer says the chicken's showing "has implications for lots of different companies because it will show whether we have an undersupply of family entertainment."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV