Early Stocks in Motion
Audible (ADBL) reported a third-quarter net loss of $189,000, or a penny a share, compared with net income of $484,000, or 2 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue rose 81% to $16.8 million from $9.3 million last year. The earnings and revenue matched First Call estimates. Audible said it acquired 79,800 customers during the quarter, representing 75% year-over-year growth. The stock was up 57 cents, or 5.6%, to $10.69 after hours.Atari (ATAR) reported a loss of $25.2 million, or 20 cents a share, for the second quarter ended Sept. 30, wider than its year-earlier loss of $16.9 million, or 14 cents a share. Excluding certain charges, the company lost $22.3 million, or 18 cents a share. The video game maker said revenue for the quarter fell to $38.4 million from $67.9 million last year. Wall Street expected a loss of 18 cents a share on revenue of $30.5 million. "As expected, through the first half of fiscal 2006 we have released fewer titles compared to previous years and as a result have reported financial results below historical levels," said Bruno Bonnell, chairman, CEO and chief creative officer of Atari. The stock was unchanged at $1.28.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV