Zip Realty Warns
Zip Realty (ZIPR) plunged 16% late Thursday after the real estate brokerage missed third-quarter estimates and slashed guidance.
The Emeryville, Calif., company made $2.9 million, or 11 cents a share, up from the year-ago $1.3 million. Revenue rose to $28 million from $18 million a year ago. Analysts were looking for 13 cents on $28 million.
For the fourth quarter, the company forecast a 3-cent profit on sales of $22 million where analysts were expecting 12 cents and $28 million.
"It is important to appreciate that our fourth quarter and preliminary 2006 guidance is being provided in the context of what we believe to be a transitioning market, slowly shifting the advantage from sellers to buyers," said CEO Eric Danziger. "Evidence of this shift is seen in rapidly rising inventory levels in September and slightly declining median selling prices across our markets for the past two months. While we cannot predict the length of this transition phase, we expect the industry will still post record, or near record, volumes this year with a solid forecast for 2006. Given the size and historical resilience of the residential real estate industry we are confident in our ability to increase market share and grow our business over the long term, particularly as the market moves toward equilibrium."Zip slid $2.17 to $11.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV