Airlines Garner More Acclaim
Airline stocks rallied Wednesday for the second time this week after another Wall Street analyst issued a bullish call on the sector's prospects.
Capacity adjustments, including reductions on U.S. domestic routes, should boost unit revenue next year, according to Bear Stearns' David Strine, who adds that a major beneficiary will be American Airlines' parent AMR (AMR). Strine raised AMR to outperform from peer perform and increased his bottom-line estimates for other carriers.
Shares of AMR, the world's largest airline company, gained 73 cents, or 5.5%, to $14.05. Most other airline stocks followed, driving the Amex Airline Index 3.3% higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV