RIM Redux: When to Sell?
This column was originally published on RealMoney on Oct. 28 at 8:12 a.m. EDT. It's being republished as a bonus for TheStreet.com readers.
For yesterday's column, "
Today, let's take it back to my normal stomping grounds of short-term trading.
Specifically, now that
Research In Motion
(RIMM) is in the news, I want to take a look at how I would have played the stock since I featured it in my Oct. 18 column, "
Of course, if you were fortunate enough to still be short RIM when it traded down to the low $50s, that would have been the ideal time to cover. But how would you have known intraday? When you're looking at an open trade, licking your chops at how profitable it is, your next call should be to your broker with the clear message to cover your short! Today, charts for the Nasdaq, MCG Capital (MCGC), Sears Holdings (SHLD), Intel (INTC), Southern Copper (PCU) and Fossil (FOSL).
Charts produced by TC2000, which is a registered trademark of
And that is the final word from Kingsland, Ark., where Walk the Line looks terrific and North Country ... preachy. P.S. from TheStreet.com Editor-in-Chief, Dave Morrow:
It's always been my opinion that it pays to have more -- not fewer -- expert market views and analyses when you're making investing or trading decisions. That's why I recommend you take advantage of our free trial offer to TheStreet.com RealMoney premium Web site, where you'll get in-depth commentary and money-making strategies from over 50 Wall Street pros, including Jim Cramer. Take my advice -- try it now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV