Coming Week: Spooky Season
The coming week kicks off on Halloween, but traders say what would really spook the market is a string of big earnings misses or a poor October jobs number.
"It's apropos that the week begins on Halloween, because October has truly been a fright-filled month," says Randy Diamond, sales trader at Miller Tabak. "It's also the beginning of another heavy week of earnings releases, and traders are getting tired of playing trick or treat. It's been a volatile and tiring earnings period, to say the least."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV