Early Stocks in Motion
Giga-tronics (GIGA) reported a loss of $1.1 million, or 24 cents a share, for the second quarter ended Sept. 24, compared with a profit of $24,000, or a penny a share, a year ago. Revenue for the quarter declined to $3.6 million from $5.4 million last year. The producer of microwave devices said it experienced a significant decline in military-related orders and delivery systems. The stock plunged $2.16, or 43.8%, to $2.77 in after-hours trading.Deckers Outdoor's (DECK) third-quarter earnings rose to $8.2 million, or 63 cents a share, from $5.8 million, or 46 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue rose to $69.2 million from $55.8 million last year. Analysts expected earnings of 59 cents a share on revenue of $69.5 million. For the fourth quarter, the company lowered its earnings estimate to 60 cents to 64 cents a share, with revenue of $72 million to $75 million. This is below Wall Street's forecast of 83 cents a share on revenue of $80.56 million. For fiscal 2005, the company expects to earn $2.13 to $2.17 a share, below analysts' projection of $2.33. The company sees 2005 revenue of $246 million to $249 million, vs. analysts' mean estimate of $254.6 million. The stock was down $3.56, or 16.8%, to $17.68.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV