WFI Marks the Hot Spot
However, if WFI wins contracts to make more cities wireless, it may be those very relationships with telecom companies that present a problem. After all, they stand to lose revenue from broadband Internet subscriptions, which run as high as $50 a month, not to mention untold long-distance business as users learn to use VoIP lines to make phone calls over wireless networks.
Verizon protested Philadelphia's move to go wireless, but softened after it became clear that the state wouldn't allow many more cities to make similar moves. A bill is in the works in California to prevent cities from going wireless.
Even if cities manage to overcome the legislative hurdles facing municipal wireless zones, WFI will need to link them up without alienating some of its biggest current customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV