Dykstra: The Pinnacle and the Dream
With the baseball playoffs careening at warp speed toward the World Series (although Albert Pujols hit the "pause" button last night) and the most wildly entertaining Saturday of college football in recent memory, you might have missed it: I was featured in the "Scorecard" section of the Oct. 17 edition of Sports Illustrated.
I am flattered the magazine's editors felt my recent foray into investment advice with TheStreet.com was worthy of an article. Undeniably, recognition provides a tremendous "feel good," but it also raises expectations to a higher level.
So without further ado (I've saved that for further down in the piece), here are this week's picks.
Two for the Money
Wachovia (WB) reported blowout results Monday, including a 32% year-over-year gain in earnings and a 19% increase in revenue to $6.7 billion.As reported by TheStreet.com, Wachovia revenue growth was fueled by
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV