Oil-Dri Boosts Dividend
Oil-Dri (ODC) expanded its share buyback and boosted its quarterly dividend.
The company said the buyback move expands its repurchase authority by 500,000 common shares, to 718,704. The company had an average of 4 million common shares outstanding during the quarter ended July 31.
Oil-Dri said a 12-cent common dividend, up from 11 cents last quarter, and a 9-cent Class B dividend, up from 8.25 cents, would be payable Dec. 9 to shareholders of record Nov. 11.
The Chicago-based cat litter giant also said it launched an animated Web site at jonnycat.com featuring its popular Jonny Cat character."Jonny Cat, the cat litter that works harder than any other brand to control odors longer, offers a product line that includes traditional litters, scoopable varieties, disposable KatKit trays with litter and litter box liners," Oil-Dri said. "An animated 'Swami Jonny' is an interactive feature that allows users to input questions for Jonny to answer." On Tuesday, Oil-Dri was flat at $17.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV