Oil-Dri Boosts Dividend
Oil-Dri (ODC) expanded its share buyback and boosted its quarterly dividend.
The company said the buyback move expands its repurchase authority by 500,000 common shares, to 718,704. The company had an average of 4 million common shares outstanding during the quarter ended July 31.
Oil-Dri said a 12-cent common dividend, up from 11 cents last quarter, and a 9-cent Class B dividend, up from 8.25 cents, would be payable Dec. 9 to shareholders of record Nov. 11.
The Chicago-based cat litter giant also said it launched an animated Web site at jonnycat.com featuring its popular Jonny Cat character."Jonny Cat, the cat litter that works harder than any other brand to control odors longer, offers a product line that includes traditional litters, scoopable varieties, disposable KatKit trays with litter and litter box liners," Oil-Dri said. "An animated 'Swami Jonny' is an interactive feature that allows users to input questions for Jonny to answer." On Tuesday, Oil-Dri was flat at $17.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV