'RealMoney' Radio Recap: Avoiding the Oil Slick
"Take advantage of this nice rally we are having in oil stocks to lighten up," said James Cramer Tuesday on his
Cramer isn't abandoning oil and energy stocks. But he wants to use rallies to trim, so he can buy the stocks back at lower prices.
You have to trade around the oil stocks now, he said. Buying and holding oil them has become too risky -- not because of the fundamentals of oil supply and demand - those haven't changed -- but because of the shareholder base. Oil stocks are now too heavily owned by investors using margin and by momentum players, said Cramer.
It's just too difficult to own a gigantic position in oil right now, he said. You could get crushed before you get rich.Cramer's "Danger Zone" stock of the week is Cabela's (CAB). Cramer recently sold Cabela's for his
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV