Cramer's 'Mad Money Lightning Round': Won't Junk GM Yet
To see a full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up on the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Monday evening:
Deere (DE): Deere has very little upside..."
Motorola (MOT): "Given the fact that Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) just blew up .... I feel the House of Pain. But I am not quitting. I will wait to the 18th [when Motorola reports quarterly earnings], and then I will buy some more."Ultra Petroleum (UPL): "Long term, Ultra is two thumbs up, way up." Penn National Gaming (PENN): "Should not be thrown away like so much detritus. That said, don't buy until it hits 25." Mylan Labs (MYL): "I do not like generics. I don't want you there." Corning (GLW): We know from many sources that Corning is having a terrific quarter. ... at 19, I would ring the register. At 17, I'm a buyer." TXU (TXU): "It's had a big run. The utilities are for sale. Take a little off the table." Verizon (VZ): SellSellSell. Everybody loves them. ... I'm not about their friendship. I'm about making you money." General Motors (GM): "I refuse to give up on GM ... not at 25." Cisco Systems (CSCO): "I'm putting it in Don'tBuy camp."
Lightning RoundBullish Cramer was bullish on Motorola (MOT), NL Industries (NL), PNM Resources (PNM), Duke Energy (DUK), GameStop (GME), Ultra Petroleum (UPL), Southwestern Energy (SWN), General Motors (GM), Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF), Grey Wolf (GW), FPL Group (FPL) and Chesapeake Energy (CHK). Bearish Cramer was bearish on Deere (DE), 3M (MMM), Penn National Gaming (PENN), Mylan Laboratories (MYL), Fair Isaac (FIC), Waste Management (WMI), TXU (TXU), Dominion Resources (D), Verizon (VZ), Alcon (ACL), Applied Materials (AMAT), Cisco Systems (CSCO).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV